Monday, November 7, 2011

I Looooooove it!

I like putting emphasis on certain words when I write or talk. I think it helps to get my point across and every now and then I REALLY enjoy an all-caps word.

There are times when I like to draw out a word for emphasis. I might just want to let someone know that I really like a movie or book by saying that I just looooooooooved it. The 'o' sound is drawn out.

But every darn time I get on Facebook, people are just loveeeeeeeeeeing stuff. That just doesn't make sense to me. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee with the 'e' drawn out just irritates the hell out of me. The 'e' is silent to begin with, why would you draw it out?!?

Am I just being picky? Now that could be read as piiiiiiiiiiiicky or pickeeeeeeeee. But not 'love'. It's not loveeeeeeeeeee. Stop making it that way. Now.

4 comments:

  1. oh, I looooooooooooooooove you for this.
    diiiiiiiito

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL = Laughing out loud. Well actually I smiled and chuckled = SAC. Anyway housewife, after reading this pet peeve, I was going to write that I looooooooooved your post and put the emphasis on the 'o' instead of that darn sneaky silent 'e', but Jason beat me to it. So till next time, keep up the good work. I looooooooooooooove iiiiiiiiiiiittttt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for putting a smile on my dial Kim!
    I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve you for it.
    Peg xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You!

    Or should I say Thankkkkkkkkkkkk You!

    ReplyDelete