Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Breakfast of Champions


Nothing better than having a bottle of barium for breakfast.

And that yummy berry barium flavor. I'm still tasting it. Delicious.

Had me a CT scan this morning. The barium aperitif was to assist in the scan. And I had no idea that I was going to be injected with dye. At least I could have known ahead of time so I could have dreaded that needle last night. Could have been worse, though. Two lovely young men helped me out. I'm used to the hostile ladies with the "frosted" hair and tightly pursed lips. We're having a look to see if I have Conn's Disease. What's that?

The adrenal glands are located on the top of your kidneys, and produce adrenaline, cortisol, aldosterone, and other steroid hormones that enable the body to respond to stress. Conn's disease is a condition in which the adrenal glands produce too much aldosterone. It is frequently caused by a benign (non-cancerous) tumor of an adrenal gland.
If this is what I've got, there might be some surgery ahead. Nobody has cut into to me since I had my tonsils out at the age of 5. Except for those wisdom teeth.

So, I'll be hanging out at the house today and await the news.

I'll also be enjoying my barium. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Aint gettin' old fun?

2 comments:

  1. Tastes better with a wee nip o' whisky. My adrenals decided to shut down way back in 1989 when I was in the Navy, I have been on adrenal meds. ever since. Good luck with your test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh good grief. ugh. ick.
    you aren't having a good time lately :(
    here is hoping it ISNT conns disease...what a horrible name.
    of course if it ISN'T then you are still left wondering what is wrong with you.
    take care you.
    hugs
    paula

    ReplyDelete