Saturday, June 5, 2010

Typical Saturday?


So what is everybody out in blogland doing on this fine Saturday?

Are you boating at the lake? Visiting downtown, where all the people are? Painting by the stream? Oppressing others and spreading fear?

I'm dusting. I think my weekends, unless I'm out of town visiting family, are spent attempting to eradicate dust.

I don't vacuum, unless its with the little portable thing. I do not push around the big beast. Its too similar to heaving a dead elephant around, so I don't do it. So today, I'm Swiffering (is this a verb now?). I've got the whole artillery of Swiffer products and so the minutes just fly by on Saturdays.

Not much to do around these parts. I've seen the museum here dozens of times. Shopping essentially does not exist unless one has a penchant for cheap Walmart products. I'm not too much into the outdoors, which is what this area seems to be known for.

Guess I could weed. Or mop the front porch. Or dive once more into a fluffy gray pile of dust. So many options, so much time.

Done bitchin'. Laundry wins. Sigh.

5 comments:

  1. i make art on saturdays and sometimes clean too. if it makes you feel any better there is NOTHING to do here. NOTHING. unless i want to visit the prison museum. seriously. or drive an hour to houston.
    tell me more about swiffer...you know i clean apartments now and am looking for something that works. my new $9 mop with the $7 replaceable sponge seems not to last so long on these rough wooden floors.
    have a good day
    i know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, those Swiffer products are pretty much for lightweight work. I think you might actually need a jackhammer. As far as mops go, they just don't make them like they used to.

    Hmmmmm. Perhaps I should design easy to transport cleaning tools that really work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not big on dusting and cleaning these days. I used to be. Every week I would religiously vacuum and dust the house.
    I don't know when it changed but now for me to clean the house I have to invite friends over for dinner.
    :)
    Peggy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...bummer. guess i'll look for that jackhammer. you always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh. That reminds me I really really really need to clean up the office. And the kicthen.

    ReplyDelete